Duck and cover! Today’s Friday the 13th! (So far, for me, the day’s pretty fantastic so I’m planning to buy a lottery ticket.) In honor of this auspicious day, I thought I’d share a few fun facts. Check out hauntedbay.com for more of these little goodies.
1. On Friday the 13th of October in 1307, King Philip IV of France rounded up hundreds of monks for torturing to get them to confess to heresy.
2. Tupac Shakur was shot and killed on Friday the 13th.
3. Bad guys with 13 letters in their names: Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson
4. Today is the only Friday the 13th in 2011, but 2012 will have three of them.
5. In France, socialites called quatorziens volunteer to be the 14th guest at social occasions so hosts don’t wind up with an unlucky number of guests.
Good luck today!