With less than three weeks until the RWA National Conference, attendees are starting to think about what they’ll wear, what they’ll bring, etc. If you’re new to the Conference experience, here is a list of things you don’t want to forget.
1. Sweater. Some of the rooms can get pretty cold. Like me, you may never need it, but it’s always a good idea to have one…just in case.
2. Comfortable shoes. There’s a lot of walking, a lot of racing around, and a lot of standing on line. Be sure you’ve got shoes that won’t pinch or blister your poor feet.
3. Small bills. From tips to items to buy at Moonlight Madness, singles and fives will be required at least a few times during your stay. Keep a little stash of “mad money.”
4. Camera. This may seem like a no-brainer, but a lot of people forget this crucial item. You’re going to want to document the craziness of the Literacy Signing, the opportunity you got to meet your idol, and the friends you usually only talk to online.
5. A notebook. Even with the handouts you can download before the conference, there’ll be so many aha moments while you’re absorbing all that info and energy, a nice notebook is crucial. Nothing big: your kid’s old spiral or marble composition book is fine. Just be sure you’ve got plenty of empty pages for jotting down thoughts, ideas, and new ways to write.
I hope I’ll see you there! Look for me. I’m hard to miss. Big girl, bright red hair, usually with a flower on one side, and a boatload of energy.
For tips on writing and fun articles, visit Gina’s Articles For Writers page: https://ginaardito.com/ArticlesforWriters.html