1. The Devil Wears Prada: a little jazzy, great “city” style
2. The Pursuit of Happyness: soul and 60’s Motown
3. The Full Monty: the ultimate fun suicide song, Big Ass Rock, wakes up my quirky sense of humor every time!
4. A Chorus Line: whatever your mood, there’s a song here to match, to enhance, to inspire
5. Ice Princess: hectic and hopeful
6. Beetlejuice: mostly for the Harry Belafonte songs, but still, oh so much fun!
7. The Scarlet Pimpernel: there are actually two versions of this Broadway musical–original cast and revised. Pathetic soul I am, I have them both
8. Miss Saigon: great love songs, poignant voices, vivid imagery
9. Bridget Jones-The Edge of Reason: from Bridget’s Theme to the memory of Colin and Hugh wrestling in the fountain to the tune of I Believe in a Thing Called Love, every song paints a picture
10. The Big Chill: more Motown, but with some classic rock tossed in–nostalgia to the max
11. Legally Blonde: quirky, sassy, in-your-face
12. The Wedding Singer: 80’s fun that always brings a smile
13. Rent: glad, sad, mad–this one runs the emotional gamut
Do you find musical inspiration in show or movie tunes? What’s on your list?